Monday, January 14, 2008

Keeping Frugal To Stay The Most Of A Woman

All my life I was fond of buying the best cosmetics and I've always had heaps of it. But since I started to learn frugal living, the issue of saving on cosmetics became urgent. Large cosmetic stores are my passion, so I frequently use store credit cards there. Although it doesn't take me long to pay the balances off, I tend to spend more when using a credit card in these cases.
Now I will share some principles I worked out for keeping the beauty budget up to the frugal mark.
  • I avoid buying expensive skincare products - face creams like Vichy are full of hormones or can cause allergy. Olay is my favourite brand for facial beauty. As for body care, I prefer products for children, like Johnson's Baby...
  • I avoid buying on impulse which is more often caused by advertizing. My friend who works for an ads agency, told me that the price of a beauty product depends partly on the worth of promotion campaign. Plus, the price can never be a reflexion of the quality.
  • The products you use rarely (for example, black nail polish or sparkling eyeliner), should be kept cheap.
  • Products you use daily should be economic and of high quality, let them be more expensive.
When spending on beauty products, I prefer using debit cards, in order to avoid balances accumulating. After a bit of calculation, I understood that store credit cards are less advantageous than usual low APR credit cards, as the rewards they give are useless under such high interest rates.

No comments: